Netgear Orbi AC3000 is the fastest and most powerful routers. This wifi system is able to fill your large homes with high-speed Wi-Fi. This article guides you on how to install Netgear Orbi AC3000 wifi system. Orbi AC3000 wifi system is a tri-band whole home Wi-Fi system which is designed to stretch Wi-Fi coverage.Orbi Wi-Fi system contains two units in a single pack. Each router has multiple Ethernet and USB ports. Each has one 2.4 GHz network band and two 5 GHz bands. You can perform the Netgear Orbi configuration through orbilogin.com, or a Smartphone connected via Wi-Fi.
How to install Netgear Orbi AC3000 Wifi System?
Connect your Router and Place the Satellite
- Turn off the modem and your Orbi router.
- Now, connect the modem to the Orbi router with the Ethernet cable.
- Connect the cable from the modem to the internet port of your Orbi router.
- Take Ethernet cable to attach it from your PC to the LAN port on your router.
- Next, plug your Orbi AC3000 router into a wall outlet.
- Switch ON the Orbi router and wait for the ring LED to light white.
- Place the Orbi router in the middle of your home and the satellite in a central location for the best Wi-Fi coverage.
- Now, provide the power supply to the Orbi Satellite.
- Turn on the satellite and wait for the LED to turn green.
Connect to the Network
For Netgear Orbi configuration, you need to connect your computer or mobile device to the Orbi router or satellite. You can connect it with an Ethernet or Wi-Fi connection:
a) Ethernet Connection – Take an Ethernet cable and connect your computer to the Orbi router or satellite.
b) Wi-Fi Connection – Use the pre-assigned Wi-Fi network name and password to connect to the Orbi Wi -Fi network. You can find the network name and password on the label of the Orbi router or satellite.
c) WPS Button – Press the sync button on the Orbi AC3000 and press the WPS button on the wi-fi enabled computer or your mobile device.
Netgear Orbi Setup via a Browser
- On your PC, launch a browser, type orbilogin.com or orbilogin.net.
- If the web address doesn’t work, you can use the default login IP address http://192.168.0.1
- The Orbi login windows appear on the screen asking for Orbi’s default username and password.
- Username: admin
- Password: password
- Click ‘Login’ and you will redirect to the Netgear Orbi setup page.
- Now, follow the online instructions to complete the process. The router’s ring LED turns off after the setup is complete.
Netgear Orbi Setup via Netgear Orbi App
- The easiest and smartest way to set up the Netgear Orbi AC3000 router is via the Netgear Orbi app.
- Simply take an Ethernet cable and connect the Orbi device to your existing router.
- Now, plug the Orbi router in the power socket and provide the power supply.
- Next, switch on the router and open the Orbi app.
- Scan the QR code on the router’s back using the app and follow the online instructions to complete the Netgear Orbi setup process.
How to update the Router and Satellite Firmware?
Use the web-based utility method to check if new firmware is available. Here are the steps to update the Netgear Orbi firmware:
- Open a browser and browse to the orbilogin.net.
- On the Orbi login page, enter the username and password. Click ‘Login’.
- Next, the basic home page displays.
- Now, click the ‘Advanced’ tab on the configuration page.
- Select the ‘Administration’ from the menu.
- Click ‘Firmware Update’.
- Click the ‘Check’ button to check if new firmware is available.
- If available, click ‘Update All’. Your router will start to update the firmware for your Orbi device and satellite.
- The Orbi AC3000 will restart automatically.
Steps to change the admin password of the Orbi AC3000 Router
This feature lets you change the admin default password of your Orbi device. Follow the steps to change the Orbi admin password:
- Launch a browser on your PC and type the Orbi login local address orbilogin.com.
- Log in with the username and password. Use ‘admin’ the default login credentials in both the fields.
- On the Netgear Orbi setup page select the ‘Advanced’ settings.
- Click the ‘Set Password’ under ‘Admin’ settings.
- Next screen displays, enter the old and new password in the required fields.
- Click ‘Apply’ and save the changes that you have made.
How to reset the Orbi AC3000 Router?
To reset your Orbi Wi-Fi system, you need to know that Orbi wifi reset will erase all the personalized settings to the factory defaults. These settings include network name and password, Orbi login password, etc. Press and hold the reset button with a paper clip on the back of your Orbi device to reset Orbi router. Release the button after a few seconds. Configure the Orbi router again through orbilogin.com.
This was all about the Netgear Orbi configuration and Orbi login. Use the Netgear Orbi AC3000 Wi-Fi system if you have a large house or even a small house or apartments with thick walls. If you need more details about how to install Netgear Orbi AC3000 wifi system contact us at our toll-free no. You can chat live via a live chat window.