If your wireless router is unable to cover the entire home network, then you can connect it to the Belkin extender. The Belkin range extender amplifies the strength of your existing router to the place where the wireless signals were unable to reach due to the nature of a building or thick walls. The Belkin extender will also boost the signal and strength of your existing wireless router. If you are a new buyer of range extender and looking for somebody to explain you how to connect Belkin extender to router, we can help you with it.
The Belkin range extender is the device that acts as the repeater for the router’s wireless signal. In this blog, you will get to know about how to set up Belkin extender. Also, you can go through this blog if your Belkin wifi extender not connecting to the wireless router as we will try to troubleshoot the issue for you.
How to connect Belkin extender to router?
There are two methods that can help you to perform the Belkin range extender setup. You can use any method to connect Belkin extender to the router.
Method 1: Wireless setup
- Plug the Belkin extender into an electrical outlet and power it on.
- Use the Wi-Fi to search for belkin.setup from the available networks on your computer and connect to it.
- Once it is connected, you need to open an internet browser.
- Type http://belkin.range for Belkin extender login
- Belkin extender console will appear on the screen and click ‘Get Started’ and wait for a few seconds as it searches your router’s SSID.
- Now, find and select the network you want to extend. Click ‘Next’ to move further.
- If prompted, enter the Wi-Fi password and click ‘Next’ to move ahead.
- If you have a dual-band network, select the second wireless network that you wish to extend.
- Click on ‘Next’ and then ‘Finish’ to complete the Belkin range extender setup.
Method 2: WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
Here you can follow the steps which are given below to know how to set up Belkin extender via WPS method. You can use this method if both your extender and router support WPS method.
- Plug the range extender into an electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Locate the WPS button and press it until the light next to it starts flashing.
- Now, press the WPS button on your Belkin router to initiate the connection.
- Once done, you can begin with Belkin extender login.
- Open an internet browser of your choice and go to http://belkin.range.
- When Belkin extender setup web page appears, click ‘Get started’.
- Select the name of your Wi-Fi from the list of available networks.
- If prompted, enter the wireless network password and click ‘next’.
- Once again, click on ‘Wireless Network’ and then click on create an extender network.
- Now, you can set up username and password for your Belkin range extender.
You can follow the steps given above to know How to connect Belkin extender to router. But, if even after trying these steps your Belkin wifi extender not connecting to router, you can reach to us. We have a team of experts available round the clock with us to give you necessary details on Belkin range extender setup therefore; you can call them on the toll-free number or do a live chat with them anytime.